Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Curb Appeal...sort of.


Here is the photo I promised of my little "curb appeal" project from last weekend. This corner had a huge rhododendron and a very old yellow climbing rose that had outlived it's time in my garden. There was some very stubborn ivy hiding under the rhodie too! It really didn't take much time to do all the work.... which always leads me to wonder why I tend to avoid it! It looks so much better than before and I no longer have to wonder who may be hiding in those bushes! It was very creepy when the rose hips would scrape across the window too! I need to stay motivated to do the rest of the yard before all the good weather is gone! As all the summer flowers die down over the next month or so I will be replacing them with assorted colored Mums....oranges, reds, yellows and browns. I love autumn so will probably have lots of appropriate decor in my yard. I love to decorate with pumpkins, gourds and flowers. Okay, I will post a pic of that too when it happens!

No comments: