Sunday, August 30, 2009

Historic Jacksonville Oregon Trip










Just got home from a fun end of summer trip to Southern Oregon. It was a 2 car caravan of kids and adults to Grants Pass to take the Hellgate Jetboat Excursion trip down the Rogue River. We took the same trip last summer and wanted to go again! My sister and I took all of our kids and my grand kids too. We had a great time! We stayed in Grants Pass after the Jet Boat ride and the next morning we headed to Jacksonville.

Jacksonville is a small historic gold rush town near the city of Medford. We rode the trolley around town, listened to the guide give us some history and took as many photos of the beautiful historic homes as we could.

We had a great lunch at the Bella Union Restaurant and Saloon. Great atmosphere! We sat outside on the patio but the saloon looked like great fun too! I had the best Chicken Sandwich....ever. It had a chicken breast marinated in walnut and gorgonzola pesto; grilled with prosciutto ham and fontina cheese on a fresh bun. Yummy! I would drive all the way back just to have another....

My sister and I have decided that we will be going back (sans kids) and stay at the quaint Magnolia Inn sometime this Fall. If you live in Oregon or are considering a trip here you must visit Jacksonville. It was the perfect end to a wonderful Summer!


3 comments:

Vintage Roadside said...

Sounds like a great trip. Wonderful photos too!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Be sure to come by tonight around 9pm (Eastern time) for the announcement so you don't miss out. I promise-it good-really really good.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Jessica said...

Jacksonville is one of my favorite places in Oregon. Such amazing historic buildings. I also love that jet boat ride on the Rogue, too!