Tuesday, January 6, 2009
New Year's Resolutions In Spite Of Myself
I think this is the first time in many years that I haven't made any "official" New Year's Resolutions before the end of the year. I didn't write anything down or even think much about it. It's starting to sink in now and I realized there are a few things that I would like to accomplish in this New Year! Go get a cup of coffee or tea...this is going to take awhile!
I did buy a treadmill that is supposed to arrive any day now. I want to be healthier so rather than sabotage myself with unrealistic expectations....I have decided to consider it a life change. I'm reasonably sure I can manage to walk on the treadmill in the privacy of my own home at least a few minutes a day if nothing else. If not then I will have a very expensive clothes rack and a very disappointed husband . But I know I can do it!
I need to spend more time on my etsy shop and less time on the etsy forums. It's such a time waster for me! I love to interact there but I spend way too much time there "lurking" instead of interacting! Therefore, my shop has been sorely neglected along with a few regular customers who used to count on me for vintage jewelry to make their own altered jewelry. To them: I'll be back soon!
Is that a resolution? Spend less time on the etsy forums this year? Maybe....
I have so many things that I would like to accomplish this year but my enthusiam doesn't match my low energy level! I'm hoping to overcome some health issues and get on with my life as I would like to live it. I'm taking some new vitamins and supplements to try and help myself. I hope it works!
I'm trying to stay connected to friends near and far. I haven't been the best friend and vowed to change that too (Hi, Diane!) I have some great friends that I've been neglecting over the last few years. Hopefully, they will all forgive me and we can visit and *do lunch*.
Here is the short list of things that I would like to accomplish this year:
1. Organize all of my geneology papers and get them into binders.
2. Get all of my photos and videos onto CD's and DVD's.
3. Visit my special friends...and do lunch!
4. Go through all of my vintage linens and organize them. I'm "willing" them to my granddaughter Emma someday.
5. Paint my livingroom and hallway...pick a color.
6. Organize my kitchen and declutter.
7. Finish organizing my office.
8. Go to the Beach...soon.
9. Visit my brother and his family near Seattle...soon.
10. Actually do some yard work this year. I did very little last summer.
11. Spend one on one time with each of my 3 grandkids doing simple things like baking or going on a walk to the playground.
12. Go on more *Girls Only* trips with friends and family....got one planned already!
13. Go camping more often this summer....more all family trips.
14. Take the boat out and go fishing even if it's raining!
15. Mop my floors more often! That's why I got the Steam Shark for Christmas!
16. Stop worrying so much about.....everything!
17. Enjoy my life as it is....everyday!
18. This one should be FIRST on my list: Be kinder to my husband as he is so kind to me :) He really is a SAINT!
Note: The photo above is Ezra and my daughter Kristina's dog Penelope(Penny) the Beagle at Christmas 2008.